Best Free Antivirus Software : Data security is one of the most important issues of today’s world. With the increased rates of cybercrime, it is important to keep your data safe. And here, the antivirus software comes into play. An antivirus software is a data security software that you can install on your system and protect your data against many virus attacks or spyware, malware, phishing attacks and much more.
Apart from the Windows and Mac, these antivirus software’s are also available for mobile platforms. Over the web you can also find antivirus software for android and IOS.
Just by Downloading free antivirus software, you can protect your data from a number of threats. Sounds cool but before downloading your antivirus software. If you are confused which antivirus to choose then read the full article to find the best free antivirus software reviews.
#1 Things to Consider before Installing the Best Free Antivirus Software
Let us see some important points that you must consider before installing the best free antivirus software:
- The first and foremost thing before installing an antivirus software is that you should make sure that your system should not have any preinstalled data security software or product. If you have installed any such software previously then you must uninstall it in order to install your new antivirus software. This is important because, it might happen that the newly installed antivirus software may consider some files of the previously installed antivirus as a malicious threat.
- The other point is the system requirements. You should check whether your system meets the requirements of the antivirus or not in order for the antivirus software to work efficiently.
- Apart from these precautions, while installing your free antivirus software you must check the various features that the antivirus software is providing. The best free antivirus software should be capable of protecting your data from spyware and malware along with virus protection. Also, many good antivirus software provides downloading protection which helps the user to avoid downloading malicious files.
Well, now you must be aware of the do’s and don’t’s while installing an antivirus software. So, now let’s see some of the best free antivirus software that you can use to make your system and data safe.
Virus sometimes can also delete Your data & specially if You are using Mac iOS, You should also install Mac Recovery Software.
#2 Best Free Antivirus Reviews 2020
Kaspersky free antivirus is one of the most popular midrange antivirus software products. Along with malware protection, Kaspersky also provides its users a number of tools and amazing features. This antivirus software comes in two versions, paid and free. The free software is a scaled down version of the full program.
The Kaspersky total security provides secure browser features that is ideal for online shopping and banking. With excellent parental control it is one of the best options for the best free antivirus software. Kaspersky gives the following features to its users:
- Complete real-time protection of your PC against virus and malwares.
- Detects and removes trojans, worms, adware, spyware, virus, keyloggers, phishing, spyware, malicious tools auto-dialers and dangerous websites.
- This popular antivirus disables the links having any kind of malicious threats automatically.
- The premium version provides a backup also which makes it an antivirus and a trending backup software of 2020.
- It is simple to use and easy to set-up
#2 AVG antivirus
This is a popular antivirus solution from the AVG technologies which is now owned by Avast. The AVG antivirus package include many amazing features like email and download scanning, etc. It offers the user six scanning types like deep scan which is a full system scan and computer scan that is equivalent to the regular quick scan. Some notable features of the AVG antivirus are:
- Protects your system from the latest threats.
- This security tool is also a good option for a free antivirus for mobile device.
- The cutting-edge virus scanner removes and blocks malicious threats.
#3 Avira Free Antivirus
Avira is a very good antivirus software that demonstrates good results in protecting and keeping the data safe. One of the cool features of this antivirus is that it supports multiple devices.
It is a great security program that is easy to use and does not affects the performance of the machine. This antivirus is also available in both paid and free versions. Below are some cool features of this antivirus software:
- Compatible with iOS, MacOS, android, and Windows.
- It has premium cloud protection capabilities.
- Great malware detection rate.
- Repairing of damaged files is also an important feature that Avira provides.
- It protects your device against many modern viruses.
- Apart from these, Scheduled scans, real-time protection, USB virus scan, gamer mode, Registry startup scan, auto virus scanning are some of the cool features that makes Avira a good choice for you.
#4 Avast Antivirus
This is another amazing antivirus software that has been around for years. Like many popular antivirus products, Avast antivirus software also comes in paid and free versions. Add-ons and free password manager makes Avast a good choice for your antivirus selection for a best free antivirus for Windows 10 or other operating systems.. Let us see some cool features of this software:
- It is an attractive and flexible data security tool.
- It provides mobile security feature.
- Avast antivirus is lightweight and does not slows the functioning of your system.
- The do not disturb mode of this antivirus suspends the notifications while gaming.
- This antivirus gives different levels of security to various malwares and viruses.
- This is also a good free antivirus for Mac
- If you want to find how to turn off Avast free antivirus then it can be done easily with the user-friendly interface of the software.
Note: – For uninstalling Avast Free Antivirus on Windows 10, just go to start menu, choose the settings -> system -> apps and features -> find Avast and then click uninstall.
#5 Norton Antivirus
Norton is a popular antivirus software due to a number of cool features that it provides. On April 2020 its company has released a newly named product known as the Norton antivirus plus. There are a hell lot of sites which can steal Your Private data & Credit Card Information which has been stored in Your Computer. But For this You use VPN or You can also check post bout Best Password Manager in 2020. Some important features of this antivirus are:
- It provides multi-platform compatibility.
- Reliable and easy to use.
- Norton antivirus offers three layers of protection which also includes signature matching.
- The protection of this antivirus is strengthened by heuristic analysis which checks malwares before they affect your device.
- Real-time virus protection, anti-phishing, anti-spyware, e-mail protection, customer support, scheduled scan are some notable features of this data security tool.
#6 Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2020
The Bitdefender antivirus plus 2020 is one of the fastest and top-rated anti-malware software in detecting and stopping virus before it infects your system. It works very accurately without taking much resources of the system and does not slow it down.
Bitdefender antivirus plus 2020 offers VPN service, along with an auto-pilot switch on the main interface. By default, this switch is on and when it is on, Bitdefender uses sensible settings for all modules. Some features are:
- This antivirus also checks your system for weak network passwords, outdated software, and important updates that need to be done.
- Another new feature of the Bitdefender antivirus plus 2020 is anti-tracker that blocks data collection from the websites.
- It also offers a secure safe-pay browser that can be used for safe payment.
#7 COMODO Free Antivirus
The antivirus is a powerful data security tool that uses many security layers to keep your data safe. Comodo’s auto-sandboxing ensures that every malicious threat gets blocked. This antivirus stands out for its flexible and versatile interface. Some notable features are:
- With just some clicks you can run programs in a secure environment so that they can’t harm your system.
- This antivirus has a powerful security layer, HIPS (Host intrusion prevention system). This feature helps you to have a vast control on what the applications can do on your system.
- The game mode helps the users to give them uninterrupted gameplay experience.
- Cloud based behavior analysis.
- Scan your system with just some clicks.
#8 ESET NOD32 Antivirus
This antivirus software looks for the malwares via its cloud-based file service. This keeps the updated virus signatures which makes this antivirus capable of detecting and blocking latest malwares. It has a device control module that is useful in defending the attacks from outside storage devices. Let’s see some amazing features of this software:
- The software comes with a ESET SysInspector tool which takes a snapshot of the system and includes items like, Registry entries, etc.
- Eliminates threats like, rootkits, virus, spyware.
- It blocks the malwares that tries to block the users out of their data.
#9 Panda Home Security Antivirus
The Panda antivirus is one of the popular and known name that has been protecting its users since 1990. The interface of this security tool offers a number of features. Some of which are given below:
- It is available for Mac, android, Windows, IOS.
- Attractive user interface with all the important features available on the main screen.
- This antivirus has a low impact on the system.
#10 ZoneAlarm Antivirus
This popular tool has been used by many gives a number of security features to the users. It is a free antivirus software for PC. From unwanted intrusions to download protection, ZoneAlarm provides its users a safe and easy user interface to protect their data.
- Installation is easy.
- It has an Advanced firewall.
- Identity protection.
- ZoneAlarm also supports features like download protection, real time monitoring etc.
Till now we have discussed about some of the best antivirus tools that you can use for to protect your data. Before getting an antivirus you must check all the features that you get with that and also the system requirements to get the best of the software. Many of these antivirus softwares mentioned above are also available for Mac, and android, IOS so you can check which suits your device.